Beyond today’s economic changes, the culture, strategy, and tactics of public relations are changing right before our eyes. The days of the “specialist” are quickly waning and yet we all need to be on the cutting edge of everything.
At the same time, we must stay true to the classics and core principles that make public relations what it’s all about: relationships multi-directional communications, solid tactical skills, ethical and legal considerations and more.
The 2011 Western District Conference was a veritable PR Renaissance with renewed interest. Classic learning and values that define the next era of public relations thinking.
The amazing speaker lineup included:
- Ken Rudin, Political Editor, NPR
- Richard Laermer, author of Punk Marketing and Full Frontal PR and editor of the Bad Pitch Blog
- Donovan Robertson, Lead Brand Evangelist, Zappos.com
- Karen Wickre, Senior Manager of Corporate Communications, Google
- Randy Snow, Chief Strategic Officer, R&R Partners
- Cathy Tull, Senior Vice President of Marketing, Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority
We’re pleased to provide you with links to many of the presentations from the conference, including:
- Unleashing the Power of Culture by Donavon Robertson, Zappos
- Social Media @ Google with Karen Wickre
- Ken Rudin’s Political Quiz
- Successful Online Newsrooms with Pete Codella and Sally Falkow
- Developing a Mobile Media Strategy for your PR Objectives with Brian DeLong
- Carefully Marketing Your Client’s Green Side, Craig Ruark and Denis Wolcott
- Beyond Pretty: Making the Most of your Design and Print Partnerships with Victor Rodriguez and Rob Madison
- Be/Differently with Ron Roecker and Laura Herlovich
- Archive of All Conference Web Pages – ZIP File