We’re thrilled to welcome you to a new year of connections, conversations, and growth with the great team of public relations professionals in Los Angeles. As the incoming president, it’s an honor to offer you an update on a few of the exciting happenings in store for our 75th anniversary.
There’s so much to look forward to in this new year! Take a peek at what the team is preparing and do let us know if you’d like to volunteer for any of these great committees or activities:
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: PRSA-LA is preparing a series of professional development opportunities that are reflective and inclusive of all segments of society. Stay tuned for in-person and virtual events timed to Black History Month, Women’s History Month, National Disability Awareness Month, Asian American & Pacific Islander Heritage Month, LGBTQ+ Pride Month, Hispanic Heritage Month, and more – as well as our celebration of DE&I changemakers in the IVth Annual Sunrise Honors Awards in August 2022.
- Independent Professionals Association: The IPA group is bubbling with ways to share ideas, collaborate, discuss key issues and trends within the PR industry! We’ll update our IPA database, prepare “lunch and learn” sessions about industry trends and opportunities to network.
- Marketing & PR: We’re excited to get more social in 2022! The PR/Marketing committee is creating new avenues to connect with, excite, and delight current and new members, and share the industry news that the LA PR community needs to know. That means more enhanced (and fun!) social media presence, and consistent, newsworthy communication.
- Membership: In our 75th Anniversary year, we’re more committed than ever to building and supporting the thriving local community of PR professionals in Los Angeles! In 2022, we’ll listen in to your thoughts with a new member survey – the first in nearly 10 years -, share the story of our progress in a commemorative anniversary members reel, develop strategic partnerships with the Black Public Relations Society of Los Angeles and the Hispanic PR Association, share new and current member spotlights, and much more!
- PRSSA: We’re all about embracing our young talent in 2022! First on the agenda: Meet SoCal’s amazing PR students at our upcoming Career + Connect conference, happening in April. Students can also hang out with Young Professionals and peers at the new PRSA-LA Pre-Game encounters, happening before major PRSA-LA events. Stay tuned also for new volunteer opportunities, social media content, and more!
- Social Responsibility: Giving back is part of our DNA, and in 2022 we’ll foster a sense of togetherness among our members with the return of our flagship social responsibility event “Quality Time for PR Minds.” Stay tuned for updates on our first virtual encounter which will connect local NGO’s with experienced PR specialists in March!
- Sponsorship: Our anniversary is the perfect time to tap into the PRSA-LA community. Whether it’s attracting new talent, promoting a DE&I focused initiative program, or touting excellence in a particular industry, we have great options ranging from an annual chapter to events sponsorship.
- Young Professionals: Let the pre-games begin! We invite you to join our YP community (1 – 5 years’ experience in PR), and to gather again safely. As a YP, you’re invited to attend our PRSA-LA Pre-Game events to network with peers prior to chapter meetings and seminars, as well as participate in YP-only gatherings. Now’s the time to get involved with our chapter’s largest and most vibrant team that makes amazing things happen. Join us!
And that’s just the beginning: You’ll also soon hear more about our upcoming State of the State of PR event, as well as the annual PRism Awards. There’s so much to explore and enjoy in 2022.
Thank you for being a valued member of the PRSA-LA community. Wishing you all a healthy and happy start to this new year!
The post Let’s Shine, LA! Message from 2022 Chapter President, Melendy Britt first appeared on PRSA-LA.