Professionals from across Hawaii’s public relations, marketing, advertising, design and sales disciplines recently converged via Zoom for a collaborative social and networking event co-hosted by the local chapters of AAF Hawaii, Ad 2 Hawaii, AIGA Honolulu, AMA Hawaii, PRSA Hawaii, and SME Honolulu.
On Feb. 25, “Synergy: A Collective Social” provided members with a unique, virtual opportunity to network, with 37 registrations including five non-members. The mixer kicked off with cocktail mixology class by Thomas Ray, partner for Square Barrels and Heiho House, followed up breakout sessions and marketing trivia.
Congratulations to gift card-winners earned for their mastery of marketing trivia:
- Papa John’s Pizza gift card for a three-topping or specialty pizza: Rachel Blaire, Therese Howe, Dominic Nobriga, Sheela Sharma, and Jonathan Zane
- Watanabe Floral $20 gift card: Priscilla Zheng
- Starbucks $25 gift card: Amy Hennessey
- Skillshare one-year membership: Kainoa Reponte
- North Face $25 gift card: Kylee Takata
- Amazon $25 gift card: William Nhieu and Ryan Kawamoto
The event represents the third Synergy event—and first virtual—to provide the organizations’ members with venues to interact and exchange ideas and contacts, even amid work-from-home and social distancing conditions. For those interested in continuing the collaborative networking, we are pleased to announce the launch of the Synergy 2021 group on LinkedIn. Synergy attendees should check their LinkedIn notifications for the invitation to join from AMA Hawaii President Annette Lee. To request an invitation, connect with Annette on LinkedIn.