The Hawai‘i chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) celebrated the best in Hawai‘i’s public relations industry at the 37th Annual Koa Anvil Awards ceremony, held virtually for the first time tonight.
This year PRSA Hawai‘i handed out 43 awards in two main categories:
- Koa Anvil Awards for outstanding public relations programs and campaigns; and
- Koa Hammer Awards for tactics that are part of a communications campaign.
The Best of Show award, which honors the campaign that received the highest score in the Anvil category, went to Stacy Wong and Jamie Velasco of Healthcare Association of Hawaii and Julie Ford and Lynn Kenton of Schweitzer Consulting, LLC for their entry titled
“2,200 Reasons to Join the Healthcare Workforce” submitted in the category of Integrated Communications: Associations/Government/Non-Profit Organizations.
Becker Communications received the most awards with a total of 17.
PRSA Hawai‘i also honored industry leaders within the public relations field:
- Gregg W. Perry Public Relations Professional of the Year Award – Jennifer Armstrong, APR of StrongArm Communications, LLC.
- Hall of Honor – Scott Shirai, APR, Fellow PRSA of Visual Perspectives
- President’s Leadership Award – Keith DeMello of Ulupono Initiative
Established in 1983, the Koa Anvil Awards captures and celebrates the four rungs of excellence for which the Koa Anvil competition is judged: research, planning, execution and evaluation. It is a competition to develop better plans, use creativity to produce better results, increase professional skills to produce the best public relations programs and tools that keep the professional motivated and the industry moving forward.
To view the event, log onto: www.facebook.com/PRSAHawaii/
Congratulations to our 2020 Koa Anvil Award winners. Please click here to download the list of winners.