Breakout 2: Choose Your Session
- Media Relations: State of the Industry by Muck Rack: Insights from Both Sides of Media Relations
- Location: Laughlin III
- Speaker: Matthew Darling, Head of Sales, Muck Rack
- Muck Rack conducts the State of PR and State of Journalism surveys annually. Join us for a State of the Industry presentation on key takeaways from the 2021 editions of each and a discussion of some journalist pitching best practices. Learn how PR pros and journalists responded to questions about pitch preferences, the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, and the future of the industry.
- Digital/Social: #VOTINGMOVESCA: Mobilizing Youth Voters of Color with Integrated Digital Marketing
- Location: Laughlin II
- Speaker: Karim Bouris, Principal and Policy Strategy, Mixte Communications
- Speaker: Jeremy Dang, Designer, Mixed Communications
- League of Women Voters of California partnered with Mixte Communications to launch a digital campaign to motivate California youth ages 18-24, specifically in Black and Latinx communities, to vote in the 2020 general election. This presentation will cover the key insights from the campaign and offer tips on how attendees can use those insights to run successful, issue-based digital campaigns. In this session, expect to learn:
- How we referenced research around civic engagement messaging to inform our key messaging to turn out the vote in communities during COVID-19.
- Creative tactics that cover paid, earned and owned media – bilingual landing page, TikTok influencer marketing, Snapchat Ads and Geofilters, user-generated content, and social media toolkit – to engage partners and audiences.
- How to apply marketing tactics to cause-driven campaigns to spread awareness and motivate your audience to act on issues that matter.
- How to engage diverse audiences with interactive creative, and with accessible language that everyone can understand and see themselves and their communities in.
- Marketing and Measurement: Using Research to Create Original Content to Pitch for Clients
- Location: Laughlin I
- Speaker: Matt Seltzer, CEO, S2 Research
- The digital era has blurred the line between public relations and digital content, and the COVID era has decreased that divide even more. In this session, we’ll cover rising trends in the use of digital content marketing as a means of conducting meaningful public relations in the modern era. We’ll also discover some new content marketing tricks using market research tactics to help you brand your PR clients as thought leaders in new and exciting ways. In this session, expect to learn:
- The unknown secrets of content marketing that can help public relations practitioners.
- Methods to use original market research to create thought provoking news content for your clients.
- How to combine market research and content marketing to create killer digital public relations campaigns that truly deliver measurable results.