The Public Relations Society of America Hawaii Chapter, a professional development organization committed to advancing the standards of the public relations profession announces its 2021 President and Board of Directors. The Board represents a diverse cross-section of leaders from several sectors that will position the organization to deliver even greater value and new benefits.
The chapter elected William Nhieu as 2021 President. Nhieu is Director of Strategic Communications at Anthology Marketing Group, overseeing client strategies, legislative relations, issue management, and crisis communications for the firm’s public affairs and government relations team.
In his role as President, he will guide the professional organization serving Hawaii’s diverse public relations, communications, and marketing community. As the principal advocate for industry excellence and ethical conduct in the profession, PRSA Hawaii hosts regular networking and professional development programs, provides opportunities for mentorship, showcases the best in the public relations industry at its annual Koa Anvil Awards, and sponsors a student society chapter at the University of Hawaii at Manoa.
In addition, PRSA Hawaii has been selected to host the PRSA Western District Conference in 2022, bringing industry professionals from the entire region to Hawaii for the first time since 2003.
“Our chapter also has an exciting opportunity to look forward to,” said Nhieu. “It is fitting that the 2022 conference will bring with it an occasion to reintroduce and showcase Hawaii as a premier post-pandemic travel destination. I am especially looking forward to the insights and discussion on significant and revelatory initiatives that have transpired locally and nationally.”
PRSA Hawaii 2021 Board of Directors:
- President, William Nhieu (Director of Strategic Communications, Anthology Group)
- Immediate Past President, Mondy Jamshidi Kent, MA (Principal & Social Business Resource, Practivist LLC)
- President-Elect, Samantha Tsui (Senior Account Supervisor, Anthology Group)
- Secretary, Jordan Ozaki (Senior Account Coordinator, iQ360)
- Treasurer, Jaclyn Hawse (Director of Communications & Business Development, USS Missouri Memorial Association, Inc.)
- Assembly Delegate & Western District Delegate, Jennifer Armstrong, APR (Owner & Principal, StrongArm Communications)
- Programs Chair Maria Hartfield (Marketing and Sponsorship Specialist, International Market Place)
- Programs Chair Sheela Sharma (Information Specialist, State of Hawai‘i)
- Accreditation Chair, Liane Hu Okumura, APR (Senior Director of Communications and Public Relations, Olomana Loomis ISC)
- Education Director & Student Chapter Liaison, Amy Hennessey, APR (Senior Vice President, Communications & External Affairs, Ulupono Initiative)
- Koa Anvil Awards Event Chair, Huy Vo (Director of Public Relations, The Ritz-Carlton Residences, Waikiki Beach)
- Membership Chair, Crystal Yamasaki (President, Crystal Clear Communications)
- Public Relations/Communications Chair, Maribell Pabalan (Account Executive, Anthology Group)
- Website Chair, Keith DeMello (Director of Communications & Community, Ulupono Initiative)
- Digital Communications Chair, Shari Nishijima (Hawaii State House of Representatives)
ABOUT PRSA HAWAII
Founded in 1947, PRSA Hawaii is one of six founding chapters of the Public Relations Society of America. The chapter’s mission is to build value, understanding, and the demand for public relations professionals in Hawaii.
The Hawaii Chapter offers professional development seminars, informational forums, skills workshops, and monthly luncheon programs to public relations professionals of all experience levels and to students across the state.
PRSA Hawaii is a vibrant organization comprised of an active nucleus on Oahu, a progressive affinity group on Maui, and over 80 members across the state. The organization also mentors a Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) chapter at the University of Hawaii at Manoa.
For more information, visit www.prsahawaii.org.